Monday, January 02, 2006

2006 Resolutions.

Every year people make [and break] resolutions for the New Year. I don't care what anyone says though, I still like doing them. Why? Well because it is a fun way to measure success. Just don't start getting yourself on a guilt trip if you don't fulfill your resolutions. C'mon lighten up, it's just for fun. I'll share mine, if you share yours:

Papi's New Year Resolutions:

  1. Hit the gym 3-4x's a week. Woot!! Woot!! joined a gym!!
  2. Establish a cardio regimen. walking & enrolled in Tai Chi (martial art).
  3. Eat healthier everyday. im backsliding in this area but, im strugglin to eat organic
  4. Buy a car.
  5. Graduate on stage and transfer successfully. scheduled for May.
  6. Take a trip to a far off land (perth? lol ) scheduled for late May/June
  7. Volunteer for social justice.
  8. Do more public speaking. Speaker at conference in February.
  9. Write more often. I'm blogging aren't I.
  10. Purge my disfunctional friends. Purging in progress.
  11. Forge *new* friendships centered in truth & kindness. I'm giving new peeps a chance
  12. Play Capoeira.
  13. Play the Berimbau.
  14. Learn to play the Conga drum.
  15. Play the conga drum in a park with friends.
  16. Try yoga at least once. Pending approval.
  17. Try tai-chi at least once. OMG I'm doing it, and I love it!! You can feel the energy!
  18. Do more photography ( 35mm in the lab)
  19. Do more digital photography. Taking my camera with me wherever I go..
  20. Make a film.
  21. Learn another language.
  22. Adopt a kid (Big Brother/Sister)
  23. Cook new exotic recipes.
  24. Make Sangria.
  25. Take a class at the Culinary Acadmie.
  26. Get baptised in water.
  27. Strengthen my relationship with God. In progress. We talk nightly but trying to increase that.
  28. Redesign my room. Added a new desk, computer, candles and going to re-paint.
  29. Finish reading all the books I've read in part. Currently reading: Memoirs of Geisha, Great Speeches of Martin Luther King Jr., and No Death No Fear by Nhat Thich Hahn.
  30. Update my wardrobe. Did a little bit of shopping. Shoes, jeans, scarf, shirts... =D
  31. Learn another language.

6 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Hope you complete all of them! :)

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger mytruth said...

YOu have a lot going on here...good luck. Happy New year

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Reg said...

good luck on ur resolutions; but that's a whole bunch o' them. But I believe in u. et si tu veux apprendre jouer de la capoeira, telephone-moi.

Me.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger heartbreaker said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Papi! I got your voicemail and that really put a smile on my face... especially that ending, "...and you betta not be talking to anybody else 'cause you're MINE!" -lol- That really made my night. Thanks, I appreciate it, and you have A LOT of goals for this year. I think I'm gonna do the same thing. I think I'm gonna break them down by month so I can be real disciplined towards meeting them and not put them off "until later," ya know?

Like Capoeira!! I don't think I got that in me, but that would be real cool to try, it's cool to watch, hitting the gym 3-4x's a week, that's one thing I've DEFINITELY had in mind because it's been a while for me, I also wanna do some volunteering, and big bro type things. Make a film?? What kinda films you talkin bout homie??? -lol- (Getting mind outta gutter... now...) and ANYWAY, I see we have a lot of things in common in terms of our resolutions, such as writing, photography, strengthening our relationships w/ God... keep it real homie, i'll hoLLa @cha when I get a chance... PEACE!

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Papi said...

Wow! I got replies =) Thanks for all yawlz who made me smile today. I 'preciate it!!! Muahz.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger ProfessorGQ said...

Good lucks with committing to all of that...I like your blog by the way...stop by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home