Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Under The Weather


It was bound to happen sooner or later. I hadn't gotten sick for just about a year now. And right after Brokeback Mountain- *wham*- I get the flu.

I would think it was the chicken flu for how hard it hit me. And all those days I enjoyed of good health this year are all forgotten about in these last few days that I've been sick. Oh the misery! Someone bring me some chicken soup! Yikes! Did I just say that. As a matter of fact it looks like everyone in my household is getting sick. It's a terrible feeling to spend the holiday week sick as a chicken.

While I'm on the subject of chickens, I just read an article about that dam chicken flu and the global pandemic that could occur, and its not even a matter of if, but "when". And most of the research conducted concurs that the United States and the World is unprepared for a breakout of this Chicken Flu. What is the Chicken Flu your innocent mind might be wondering? Well correct me if I'm wrong but, it's a virus that is an airborn pathogen transmitted by an infected chicken that when breathed into the lungs lodges in the lungs of the human. Once lodged in the human lung the lung's defense system attempts to flush out the invading virus by flooding the lungs with liquid. This of course drowns the lungs and in an attempt to lose some of the fluid the lungs burn holes into the lung wall to try to drain some of that liquid out but blood breaches those same holes meant to drain. The result is that the victim drowns in his/her own blood and respiratory liquids within 3days time of first infection. While the flu has its pathology in an infected chicken, this virus is transmissable from human to human once a human is infected. The possibilities are endless of how this can spiral into a global killer.

Between SARS, Mad Cow Disease, E-coli, and the Chicken Flu, I think I'm going to be a vegetarian in some remote monestary somewhere. Oh the sign of the times to come!

Goodnight for now...

3 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger ML said...

stay away from the chickens!!! and i hope you get lotz better soon man!! peace! and dont feel down please its the season for teasin and livin la vida a la carte.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger heartbreaker said...

hey boi!! maaan, i feel ya... i've been sick THREE TIMES in the last 2 months or so... so i know where you're at... i was going up and down, and up and down, and not getting any betta... but mine was due to not getting enough rest, so YOU need to rest as much as possible... i had the flu last christmas AND new years and i was SO DEPRESSED b/c of it, so... don't let that be you... get that soup baby! -lol- LATA

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Hope ya feel better. Eat soup, and drink lots of fluids! :) that should do the trick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home