Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas 2005

It's officially post-Christmas now. Looking back on yesterday, it was a memorable Christmas and I truly appreciated Christmas dinner with my dad's side of the family. It's a large bunch, with my dad having 10 sisters. And in the last several years I had come to evade the parties making myself as scare as possible come party time. But this year was different. I made it a point to go and see all my aunts and cousins again. I really want to cherish the moments spent with my family again. It was loud, and there were lots of group games that we played including a game called The White Elephant where you pick names, get gifts, and then get to steal a better gift from someone who picked before you. Then some of the family burst out in karaoke with a couple of stellar performances, and we watched my cousin's fist independent film review that he made at his community college as his final project. The night ended with everyone drunk and laughing and either telling ghost stories or playing Halo2. I got a set of candles, clothing, candy and men's accessories. The gifts were decent, but it hasn't even been about the gifts anymore for me...just seeing everyone laughing and smiling was enough. I was truly happy.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Reg said...

That's cool man. You better cherish those family together moments. My folks don't even get together anymore (and we're a family of 40).

Me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home